rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Rename Question

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you find the program useful. In the preferences, if you turn off auto detection of image devices, you can select any folder you like to download from. That could be a folder on your hard drive, which should meet your need. You also need to make sure you have enough disk space to duplicate the files.

One thing to be wary of is that sometimes edited images have their metadata destroyed or badly modified by the program that did the editing. For example the date value might be stored wrongly.

Best,
Damon

phork wrote:
Greetings everyone, first I must say that I absolutely love this
program.  It is fantastic.

One issue I am having is that I have my sub-dir structure set in a
certain way, but I wish to change this permanently.  Obviously with new
files coming in they would use the new sub-dir structure I set out.  But
what about the files I already have?  Is there an easy way to plow
through and make the changes I need?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Paul

--

http://www.damonlynch.net