rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: batch number

On 12/07/2009 11:18 AM, Wesley Harp wrote:
Has the idea of adding a batch number been discussed? I thought this is what the session/sequence number was. Basically it would be a unique number for this set of imported pictures so you could easily group together all pictures imported at once. This could be approximated by adding todays date to every image name, but that doesn't seem like a good fit to me. It would be a simple number incremented from one run to the next. I guess this would be similar to a job code, but less descriptive.

Not sure if it would be something many people would use or not.

Wesley

Hi Wesley,

Sorry for the long delay in replying. The idea of a batch sequence number has not been discussed. I never thought of such a feature myself. With the feature you have in mind, are you saying that if you download a group of pictures, and then download another group 1 hour later, each set of photos within the same group would have the same batch number, but each group would have its own number? It's certainly possible to code such a feature, but the only question I have is how useful it would be. Can you demonstrate how it would be useful for you?

Thanks
Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net