rapid-users team mailing list archive

Version 0.3.4 is released

Hi everyone,

Happy new year for those using a western calendar.

Late yesterday I released 0.3.4 (the changelog extract is below). I have
also updated the website to inform users about the benefits of running with
a more recent version of pyexiv2.

As you all probably know, I have a donations button on the site. However the
truth is, it's rare to get a donation. There is a micropayments service,
Flattr, which seems to have become popular last year. I have added this to
the site. Perhaps users will make a small contribution in this manner.

Changes in 0.3.4:

You can now change the size of the preview image by zooming in and out using
slider. The maximum size is double that of the previous fixed size, which
was
160px. On computers with small screens such as netbooks, the maximum preview

image size is the same as the previous fixed size. Please note that Rapid
Photo
Downloader only extracts thumbnails of photos; for performance reasons, it
does
not create them. This means for some file formats, the thumbnails will
contain
jpeg artifacts when scaled up (this is particularly true when using a
version of
pyexiv2 < 0.2.0). For users who require larger preview images, this will be
of
little consequence.

When the "Strip compatible characters" feature is enabled in the Preferences

(which is the default), any white space (e.g. spaces) beginning or ending a
folder name will now be removed.

Bug fix: camera serial numbers are now stripped of any spaces preceding or
following the actual value.

Fixed bug #685335: inaccurate description of python packages required for
downloading videos.

Added Croatian translation. Updated French, Norwegian Bokmal, Polish and
Russian
translations.

Damon

--