rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Dowloading photos from video camera

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Mike Szmansky <mszmansky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently found and installed your great program.  I have been using it
> fine from memory cards and I have had no problems, however, when I try
> to use it with my Canon Vixia HFS10 plugged directly into the USB port
> it does not work.  In fact, the program locks up and I have to kill it.
> Any help or ideas?  Thanks

Rapid Photo Downloader uses the python bindings GIO provided by Gnome to
access cameras. At this point theyseem to be having many problems. I think
it's fair to guess these problems are not a priority for the developers, so
I wouldn't count on them being fixed anytime soon. You might have more luck
copying the folder of files using Nautilus, and then copying and then
deleting them using Rapid Photo Downloader.

Damon
--
http://www.damonlynch.net