rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: 4 topics; if default folder has too many pics, thumbnails wont show, partial selection and hangs...

On 09/24/2011 05:45 PM, Andreas Nyback wrote:
Some problems came up when running latest rpd. Using the gentoo ebuild in gentoo bugzilla that i have updated myself to install rpd 4.1.
Just to ask if this is how it behaves for you as for me.

* Selected folder trouble
I had unintentionally selected my home folder as the path to download
from in the preferences, recursive mode. This made rpd scan all folders
under my home folder and it found like 1500 files it displayed icons for
to download. But once it displayed them it was hard to change folder to
something else in the preferences. Rpd got very busy and unresponsive.
A nice feature to have would be to ask the user if they really do want to download everything from /home or /media. I have created a wishlist bug for this feature: https://bugs.launchpad.net/rapid/+bug/859012
* Thumbnails
I never see thumbnails until I have clicked "download" with the default
icons selected, and it starts to download files. For each file
downloaded the thumbnail will show up as it progresses.
Should it not be so that you see the thumbnails at once when the files
are listed, before you start the actual download? so you see what it is
that you will download.
What file formats are you attempting to download?
* Select files
I can click "check all" and "uncheck all". After uncheck all you can
drag your mouse to frame and select several icons at once. Can I do
"check selection" to select all the files I framed with the mouse?

You can check or uncheck one selected file - it will check or uncheck all the other selected files at the same time.

* Hang
When I download there is always some files where rapid just hangs. The
default icon for that file is not thumb-nailed and it just sits there
forever. The file is fine for all other application but RPD.

Instead of a stack trace, you can run Rapid Photo Downloader from a terminal like this:

rapid-photo-downloader --debug

I suspect you are downloading from a file that is not straight off the camera and has been manipulated by another program, causing one of exiv2/pyexiv2 or Rapid Photo Downloader to crash.

Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net