rapid-users team mailing list archive

New version of Rapid Photo Downloader to try out

Hi everyone,

Seasons greetings! I have uploaded "beta 5" what will become 0.4.3 to the Rapid Photo Downloader testing PPA. Although I've called this a beta, it should be just as stable as 0.4.2, if not better. I've only uploaded it to the testing PPA because this release contains more changes than usual, so it will be good if other users can test it. These are the main changes:

ExifTool is now a required dependency for Rapid Photo Downloader. ExifTool
can be used to help download videos on Linux distributions that have not
packaged hachoir-metadata, such as Fedora.

exiftran is another new dependency. It is used to automatically rotate
JPEG images.

  * Fixed bug #704482: Delete photos option should be easily accessible

  * Fixed bug #754531: extract Exif.CanonFi.FileNumber metadata

  * Fixed bug #695517: Added functionality to download MTS video files.

  * Fixed bug #859998: Download THM video thumbnail files.

  * Fixed bug #594533: Lossless JPEG rotation.

  * Fixed bug #859012: Confirm if really want to download from /,
    /home or /media.

  * Fixed bug #792228: clear all thumbnails when refresh command
    issued.

  * Fix bug where device progress bar could disappear.

  * Fixed a bug where the file extensions the program downloads could
    not be displayed from the command line.

  * Fixed a bug where the program would crash when trying to convert a
    malformed thumbnail from one image mode to another.

  * Updated Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
    Norwegian,Polish, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish and Swedish
    translations.

Let me know what you think.

To add the testing PPA you can do this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dlynch3/rapid-photo-downloader-testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Note the last command has 'dist-upgrade' and not merely 'upgrade'. This is needed because of the new dependencies.

Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net