rapid-users team mailing list archive

Toolbar - let me know what you think

Hi everyone,

A deficiency noted by several users (including myself) in the current user interface is that the option to automatically delete images or not when downloaded is buried in the preferences. For instance, it's easy to forget it's turned on, which is not good if once in a while you want to download images from your friend's camera. The "from" and "to" could be made clearer too.

The obvious solution is to create a toolbar, which I've done in a rough format:

New toolbar

I say it's rough because it currently doesn't work, in the sense that changing the values currently does nothing. It might not be clear, but "Auto Detect" is a pushbutton. If it's pressed, the "from" file chooser is disabled.

What do you all think? Do you think it is ugly or ok? If ugly, the challenge is to come up with something that looks better, doesn't take up a lot of room, and is obvious to the novice and the experienced user.

I do plan that the toolbar can be turned off via the View menu.

Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net

Follow ups