rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: [Enhancement] Allow define 2 Job codes.

On 10/03/2012 10:39 AM, J1 Simón wrote:
Hi,
I have classified my photos in several folders: birthdays, plants, travels, etc... And inside of some of these folders I create another subfolder with a name. For example, in "travels", I define one subfolder with the name of the visited country and inside another subfolder with the date and so on.
With the actual rapid-photo-downloader I only can define one job code.
Regards.

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. For a feature request like this there is a series of things to think about, including -

1. How many people want such a feature?
2. How much would it change the user interface?
3. How much complexity does it add to the code?
4. How important is it compared to other feature requests?
5. Who would design it, write it, and maintain it?

I personally can think of plenty of ways Rapid Photo Downloader could be improved, some of which I think are quite important. My problem is finding the time to actually implement them. Those who used Job Codes in version 0.3.x might recall that in the move to the new interface in 0.4.x, the newer version actually has a less functional Job Code user interface than the old one. That upset some folks. The problem, as you can guess, is simply finding the time to implement these things.

As a workaround, I very much suggest creating the top level directories by hand, and then using the toolbar in the most recent version to select the appropriate top level download folder. It's not ideal, but it will work.

With kind regards,
Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net