rapid-users team mailing list archive

Rapid Photo Downloader not working with Ubuntu 12.10

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately Rapid Photo Downloader does not currently run under Ubuntu 12.10 due to a critical bug <https://bugs.launchpad.net/rapid/+bug/1025908>. It's a perplexing bug to properly diagnose: the line of code where it is tripping up is a Gnome system library call; all it does is rename a file.

A brute force fix might be to replace the Gnome file rename with a python system library function call. That is not a real solution, however (especially for those who are copying their files across a network).

Sadly I have very little time to work on this problem, as I currently have many academic responsibilities.

On a brighter note, if anyone is interested I have created a high level overview of the processes that the program uses: http://damonlynch.net/rapid/201211process-model.pdf

Best,
Damon

--