rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: Help with rapid-photo-downloader 0.9.0a4

Hi Gerlos,

The version of the program you have, 0.9.0a4, is alpha quality software.
Not all its features have been written—while pretty much everything under
the hood has been written, some elements of the user interface that
configure them have not been. The missing features are the components of
the graphical user interface that are used to configure file renaming,
backups, and miscellaneous other program preferences.

Version 0.9.0a5 is under development. The file renaming code is almost done:

http://damonlynch.net/rapid/screenshots/beta/090a5photo-renaming.png

What's holding things back at the moment is the fact that generating sample
file names using files found on cameras is more tricky than might first
appear. It requires first downloading a portion of the file (photo or
video) so its metadata can be read. How much of the file to download
depends very much on the file type e.g. CR2 vs ARW, AVI vs. MOV etc.

Furthermore I need to make it compatible with PyQt 5.7, particularly
because that is what Ubuntu 16.10 ships with.

Best,
Damon