rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Command line options

Am 18.02.2013 20:07, schrieb Alistair Marshall:
Having a look through the TODO and some of the wishlist items,
The TODO file and the wishlist items should be taken with a grain of salt. Not everything in there should be implemented. Please make sure to open a bugreport about the respective issue or discuss the implementation per mail with me before starting to write a patch. It would be sorry if you work on a feature and I couldn't include your work into RedNotebook e.g. if it doesn't fit with the project's plans.
noticed a couple of suggestions to add extra command line options:
-Open on date: Enter a date and rednotebook will load at the specific date.
Probably most useful in conjunction with the quick message feature.
-Quick Message: Add a line of text to the journal without opening the GUI.
Nice idea and I would definitely merge a patch for it.

The issue I have is that the two flags I was going to use was -d for
date and -m for message however these two flags are currently used for
debug and minimised.
The -d option for debug should be removed, keeping only --debug. This frees up -d and --date for the date. Similarly, the -m option for minimized can be removed, keeping --minimized should be enough. This frees up -m and --message for the quick message.
Also, what format should the date option use? yyyy-mm-dd?
Yes, I would opt for yyyy-mm-dd.

Ideally, the patch would also update the manpage at debian/rednotebook.1

Cheers,
Jendrik