rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Indentation of wrapped list lines in "Edit" mode needed

Lines of lists should be shown with indentation in "Edit" mode, e.g. not like this:

- The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
  - The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.\\
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
  - The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
- The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.

but better as follows:

- The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
  quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
  - The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.\\
    The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
  - The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
    quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
- The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. The
  quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.

(I hope it's still visible in the mail).

Reason:
Big advantage of RedNotebook is, that even in "Edit" mode there is some formatting (e.g. bold, underline, tags in red), which makes editing much more user friendly than e.g. wiki pages :). But lists are hard to read and very confusing, because the wrapped lines, and the lines after manual line breaks, are not indented according to the level of the list. A simple indentation with adding something like "virtual spaces" would be perfect for "Edit" mode, so I suppose and hope that support for this may not be much work. I'm almost always in "Edit" mode, because most of the time I need to change something, so for users like me such a feature is even more important than for general users.

PS.: I'm new in the mailing list, so excuse me if something formal is not OK - I use Thunderbird (not Outlook) for mailing lists, and hope that the format is OK.

Regards
Hans

Follow ups