rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Python 2.6 support (for EPEL 6)

Hi,

I am working on upgraded packages for Fedora and EPEL. Currently, they
only have 1.9.0. I am not one of the Fedora rednotebook package
maintainers yet; I am working within a copr repo (similar to a PPA.)
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mikedep333/rednotebook-testing/

Anyway,

It appears that support for Python 2.6 was removed between 1.10.2 and
1.10.3. Is this correct?
https://github.com/jendrikseipp/rednotebook/commit/368cede18596a6a4ad3c35c6774434c77b39082c
If so, that will limit EPEL 6 (RHEL 6, CentOS 6, etc) to rednotebook
1.10.2. I believe that is doable within the EPEL world; the old
interpreters and libraries of RHEL6 and derivatives are frequently
severe limitations. However, I want to confirm this 1st.

Thanks in advance,
-Mike