rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Python 2.6 support (for EPEL 6)

Am 06.01.2016 um 04:46 schrieb Mike DePaulo:
Hi,

I am working on upgraded packages for Fedora and EPEL. Currently, they
only have 1.9.0. I am not one of the Fedora rednotebook package
maintainers yet; I am working within a copr repo (similar to a PPA.)
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/mikedep333/rednotebook-testing/

Anyway,

It appears that support for Python 2.6 was removed between 1.10.2 and
1.10.3. Is this correct?
https://github.com/jendrikseipp/rednotebook/commit/368cede18596a6a4ad3c35c6774434c77b39082c
If so, that will limit EPEL 6 (RHEL 6, CentOS 6, etc) to rednotebook
1.10.2. I believe that is doable within the EPEL world; the old
interpreters and libraries of RHEL6 and derivatives are frequently
severe limitations. However, I want to confirm this 1st.
Hi Mike,

it's great to hear that you're working on providing new rpm packages. Support for Python 2.6 has not been dropped, yet. However, this version is not really tested at the moment.

Cheers,
Jendrik