rednotebook-users team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: rednotebook removed from Debian Stable?

On Sat, 2018-01-13 at 22:53 -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> Hello Phil,
> Could you tell us what is preventing Debian from hosting rednotebook in their
> package repository?
> Do you have a todo list of what else needs to happen before its back into
> debian repository?
>
> At the company I work for its heavily used by our IT team to make notes of all
> never ending changes; and we really need it back in there as our upgrades to
> debian 9 are ongoing.
>
> Thanks
> Lucas
>

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Jendrik Seipp <jendrikseipp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > HI Lucas,
> >
> > Phil Wyett is already looking into that (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bug
> > report.cgi?bug=875264, https://mentors.debian.net/package/rednotebook), but
> > it seems he has trouble finding someone to sponsor the package and upload it
> > into the archives. Maybe you could coordinate with Phil.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jendrik
> >

> > Am 19.12.2017 um 00:32 schrieb Lukasz Szybalski:
> > > Hello,
> > > Looks like rednotebook was removed from Debian stable.
> > > Can we look into what is needed to get it back in.
> > >
> > > A) Get in back in stable backports at least
> > > B) Get in back into unstable/testing as well
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Lucas

Hi Lucas,

As Jendrik indicated. The issue now is waiting for a sponsor to upload the
package. At that time rednotebook would re-enter debian in sid (unstable),
eventually be moved to buster (current testing) and then to stable.

If for now you wanted to temporarily build the package locally from the source
at the links below, feel free.

Web: https://mentors.debian.net/package/rednotebook
Pool: https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rednotebook/

If all else fails. Reply to me and I will do a build and make it available at
deb.kathenas.org next week.

Regards

Phil

- --
*** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

Playing the game for the games sake.

Web: https://kathenas.org

GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

Twitter: kathenasorg

Instagram: kathenasorg

GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77