rednotebook team mailing list archive

RedNotebook development

Hello everyone,
RedNotebook 1.0 is out and development is going fast towards the next version. There have been many changes, refactorings, bugfixes and feature additions. Since I can't test those new things all by myself I would like to ask you to have a look at the new beta versions once they come out. For a better communication and announcement of new versions, I have created a mailing list at launchpad. If you want to you can subscribe to it [1]. Probably there won't be too many postings per month. It is just meant to be a channel for new version announcements, requests for beta testing, user questions and business opportunities in Nigeria ;)

Version 1.1.0 is about to be released, but before that can happen, we will have to find the remaining bugs and rough corners. Therefore I have created the first RedNotebook beta ever! You can find it at [2] (Linux only). To try the new version, unpack the archive, and in a terminal, call:

$ sudo apt-get install python-yaml python-webkit python-chardet
$ python rednotebook/journal.py

A beta version for Windows will be out soon, too. I will announce it's availability on the mailing list.

Please report all bugs at [3]. Here is the (unfortunately incomplete) list of changes for 1.1.0:

* When searching for text, search in dates too (Search for 2010-05 displays all entries of May 2010)
 * Improve checking for new version (Show version numbers)
 * Save last selected tab (Search/Clouds) (LP:590483)
 * Save journal files as readable unicode
 * Save journal files without python directives
 * Let the Preview and the Edit button always have the same size
 * Get rid of warnings caused by older webkit versions
 * Use webkit on Windows
 * Use webkit by default if installed
 * Get rid of CamelCase in sourcecode
 * Open external files asynchronously with subprocess.Popen from preview
 * Fix: Correctly highlight multiple links and images on one line
 * Fix: Months that have been cleared of all text are now rewritten to disk
 * Rewrite export assitant code
 * Much more code rewritten or restructured

Don't forget to subscribe to the mailing list [1]. Even if you can't test new versions, you will get all the announcements there.

Thanks for your help,
Jendrik