rednotebook team mailing list archive

RedNotebook 1.1 beta1

Hello,
here comes the 1.1 beta1. You can download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4780737/rednotebook-1.1.0b1-win32.exe

It would be great if someone could check if it installs properly and if the newly added functions work correctly.

Most importantly, the new windows version uses webkit for the previews. We should check that there are no bugs there. Secondly I have bundled the msvcr (Visual Studio) dll. This should fix the Error 14001, that users on older windows versions get, when the dll has not been installed. Can someone confirm that this error is gone?

Here is the list of changes for 1.1:

* When searching for text, search in dates too (Search for 2010-05 displays all entries of May 2010)
 * Improve checking for new version (Show version numbers)
 * Save last selected tab (Search/Clouds) (LP:590483)
 * Save journal files as readable unicode
 * Save journal files without python directives
 * Let the Preview and the Edit button always have the same size
 * Get rid of warnings caused by older webkit versions
 * Use webkit on Windows
 * Use webkit by default if installed
 * Get rid of CamelCase in sourcecode
 * Open external files asynchronously with subprocess.Popen from preview
 * Fix: Correctly highlight multiple links and images on one line
 * Fix: Months that have been cleared of all text are now rewritten to disk
 * Rewrite export assistant code
 * Much more code rewritten or restructured
 * Bundle msvcr dll in windows installer (Fixes Error 14001)

Cheers,
Jendrik