rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: [Red NoteBook] - Saving Bug in version 1.1.2

charly Mayrhofer schrieb:
> Today I had time to go deeper into my "saving-problem". I could clarify,
> that it only happens, when RN is still open and I turn off the computer
> without closing RN first. The last few lines or entries are not saved in
> this case.

When Ubuntu shuts down, it sends all processes the TERM signal and then
the KILL signal (At least I think so). RedNotebook tries to catch the
TERM signal and saves the entries. If the KIll signal is sent however,
no process can catch it and the process is killed right away.

Hope this clarifies the situation a bit,
Jendrik