rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: Features΄ suggestion

In addition to the aforementioned features I would like to see implemented in RedNotebook, there is also another rather odd one, I forgott to mention in my original post:

I would very much like to group together any (or upto a certain number) of Categories into a unique Category. By this vague phrasing I mean the following: suppose I have a Category named "Ideas" and another one named "Ιδέες" (Idees) which is the Greek translation, or even a German "Ideen" in different places in a journal. These are by default considered as different categories. I would like to be able to unify them into one category, so as to choose any of these three alternative names (Ideas, Idees, Ideen) in different language encodings sometimes, and be able to find any annotation under these. That is these three words form a category and may be used alternatively for denoting one. But this should be possible for any two words, that is a Category should be able to be represented by any number (within the limits of common sense) of different words (synonyms etc). Another example: I should be able to equate (group in one category) the category "Tags" and the category "Ετικέτες" (Etiketes), which is the technical greek translation of Tags.

Maybe another option, opposite to the proposed, would be also helpful: to splitt a category into two or more different categories.

Thank you for your patience,

AnaMesa