rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: What do I need to contribute to the RedNotebook code?

I would suggest to pick a small project to work on first. E.g. try to implement the sound playback in a standalone application with only a commandline interface, then later turn it into an app with just one window and one button. Improve from there: Make the application fit your needs better. While doing this I strongly recommend reading the python tutorial at http://docs.python.org/tutorial/ and the pygtk tutorial (for the graphical stuff) at http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/index.html.

When you have your application try to implement it in the RedNotebook codebase. You can get the development version of RedNotebook by doing

bzr branch lp:~jendrikseipp/rednotebook/next rednotebook-next

Good luck ;)

Jendrik