rednotebook team mailing list archive

Export options

Hello everyone,

I have been using RNB for about a month now and am very impressed so I
would like to start by saying thanks!

The reason for my email, though, is concerning the export dialogue,
particularly page 3, "Select Contents"
At first, I could not work out what "export texts" referred to, and
I'd assumed the export tags options was for selecting which days to
export based on what tags the day contained.
I think my confusion was similar to the report in a recent bug [1]

The confusion with the "export tags" feature (as it exists) could be
clarified by changing the wording from "export" to "show" (ie. "Show
texts" and "Show all tags/Do not show tags/Show only these tags")

Also, I would find it useful to be able to selectively export days
containing only certain tags, perhaps as a separate "Select Tags" step
in the export dialog after "Select Date Range" and before "Select
Contents".

I would be happy to have a go at coding these but I wanted to check if
it was something that others want.

Thanks again,
Alistair

[1]https://bugs.launchpad.net/rednotebook/+bug/984029