rednotebook team mailing list archive

Re: Switching Between notebooks

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Jendrik Seipp <jendrikseipp@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for bringing this up. I think a more general solution would be to
> have a list of recently used journals under "Journal -> Recently Opened".
> It could be implemented by using
> http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/class-gtkrecentchoosermenu.html . If
> anybody wants to work on this, give me a shout :)

That would work too. I think the key would be to make sure the notebook is
saved prior to switching but yes.

The opening of another notebook and updating it, and reading it seems to
work fine even if you are editing it over sshfs.

Example:
vi  ~/.bashrc
#Add a line at the end to create an alias:
alias homefs='sshfs lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/lucas/myrednotebook/
/home/lucas/linktohome/myrednotebook/'

anytime you want to update home notebook, I just run
homefs

it mounts it for me, now I just need an easy way to switch between work and
home.

Thank you
Lucas

> Cheers,
> Jendrik
>

> Am 16.07.2016 um 05:25 schrieb Lukasz Szybalski:
>
> Hello,
> Would it be possible to add a button that would toggle between notebooks?
> Work vs Home. I take my fast work laptop home. When I'm at work I'm adding
> work related notes. I would like to switch between home rednotebook easily.
>
> Currently you can do it by clicking "Open" and select different folder.
> Then when switching back to work, you have to do the same.
>
> 1. Could we add a setting under preferences "2nd notebook path" ,"2nd
> notebook Name".
> 2. If set a new button is added to UI. The name of the button is value of
> "2nd notebook name".
> 3. When clicked the button; it would save current ,switch to new path in a
> same fashion as Journal -> "open".
> 3b. When switch is complete the button changes to "Main".
> 4.  If pressed it saves and uses Journal -> open and opens the default
> path.
>

> Let me know if that is doable.
> Thank you.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]