relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #177918]: Specifying EXCLUDES

Question #177918 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/177918

Hernan Foffani posted a new comment:
Without excluding my big directories the resulting iso file is too big to build and an error message is displayed:
"The compressed filesystem is larger than the iso9660 specification allows for a single file. You must try to reduce the amount of data you are making and try again."

Anyway, I've just found a workaround to beat rsync weird exclude syntax.
To make it work I had to specify the excludes in relinux.conf by using a single directory name following by a forward slash. i.e.:
"... cache/ local/ svn/".
Besides I modified the relinux script to use an external file. Apparently the rsync syntax is different in command line than an external file. Hence, the iso file is less than 1GB. I haven't looked deeply into rsync so there could be better solutions.

One caveat though: the relinux installed packaged is not excluded with
my workaround and with the provided regexp.

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.