relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Update on last email

Hey everyone!

I've been having this new idea. RelinuxKit is just an extension of the name relinux, so why don't we just get a new name instead? It's also because we've got huge copyright/licensing issues with the writer of the script which we forked (he just clarified the issues a few days ago, so we didn't know, especially that we are not experts in copyrights and licenses), and he posted them publicly, therefore, destroying the reputation of relinux. RelinuxKit would just look like an extension of it, therefore destroying it's reputation too. It's really a horrible situation we are in. I think the simplest method to get out is this: First, we fix the licensing issues with relinux, and finish the bugs. Next, we delete all of the other versions of relinux (because we don't have time to fix them all). After that, we'll work on the new product, finish it, and publish it. Then we'll link the relinux project page and it's website to the new product.

Anyone with me on this, and if so, what could be a name for the new product? I think that this is the best way of attempting to fix the problem, but I'm wide open to suggestions.

Joel.