relinux-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #199608]: Customize Appearance

Question #199608 on relinux changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/relinux/+question/199608

Joel Leclerc proposed the following answer:
Okay. GRUB is actually not used because it does not support booting from
a CD, and even if it did, it would be too heavyweight (relinux uses
ISOLinux and VESAMenu instead). So the file you are interested in is
/etc/relinux/relinux/isolinux/isolinux.cfg.vesamenu. Do not edit the
"variables" though (i.e. the parts starting and ending in 2 underscores,
__). I am not an expert on editing this file so if anyone could
contribute a tutorial for this, it would be greatly appreciated :D

For question 3, I'm guessing you are talking about editing/switching
themes, right? If so, this tutorial might help:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/quick-tipplymouth-themes-in-ubuntu-10-04
-lucid-lynx.html

I'm sorry, due to lack of time and an unstable computer, I'll answer
your usplash question later.

relinux development team, which is an answer contact for relinux.