remote-help-assistant team mailing list archive

Re: testing session in October

Hi all,

see my comments below in line

Cheers,

seb

Andrew Sayers wrote:
Hi,

Good idea about testing - I should be mostly free in October.  To run
the assistant in another language, go to the command line, then in the
remote assistant directory do:

LANG=de_DE.utf8 ./remote-help-assistant

I've just fixed a minor problem with translation #16 (it had an extra
comma in it), so you might want to grab the latest version before you start.

are you talking about "the router's public IP address%s. That a" this? the %s?

I've just realised that my previous messages to the list haven't been
getting through, because I hadn't set Thunderbird up properly for the
list.  The only other message I've sent was about releases, so...

yes not messages here so far :-(

I'd quite like to get a new release out the door some time in the next
week or two, so what things would you like to see finished before the
next release?

What would I like to have fixed...

Here is what I did - I posted on a German translation forum http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/einsteigerfragen-fuer-remote-help-assistant
and got some nice ideas on better translations.

Just finished going though the translations again

Before the next release... I would think that testing Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu with the current release and make sure it works. If we are happy and have time we could include fluxbuntu, gobuntu and myth :-)

I'd like to make this the last backwards-incompatible
upgrade for a while, so those sorts of changes are the most important.

And then we will go to a next mayor release? like to KDE4 :-)

How would you feel about moving the program's configuration directory
from ~/.remote_help/ to ~/.remote-help-assistant/?  I started off using
"remote_help" everywhere a name was required, but changed when I
realised that was an uglier name, and harder to understand.  I can get
the program to rename the old directory if it finds one, but that will
cause problems if you want to go back to an older version of the program
later on.

I like the idea moving it to ~/.remote-help-assistant/
We should do this for sure in the next mayor version

for the current version... why not simply switch, no provisions in the program to deal with the old folder (except leaving a note maybe) Why? I would think that not many have used the assistant, us who work with it know it and for others we could mention it in the release note. I guess that the only thing what will happen is that existing identities need to be checked again.

Sebastian - I plan to work on the improved text interface after this
release is finished.  If I don't hear from you again after the weekend,
do you mind if I make a release while you're away?

Here I am, no I don't mind doing the release...

	- Andrew