remote-help-assistant team mailing list archive

Re: testing session in October

Sebastian Spiess wrote:
<snip>
> are you talking about "the router's public IP address%s. That a" this?
> the %s?

That's the one, yeah.

<snip>
> What would I like to have fixed...
>
> Here is what I did - I posted on a German translation forum
> http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/einsteigerfragen-fuer-remote-help-assistant
>
> and got some nice ideas on better translations.
>
> Just finished going though the translations again
>
> Before the next release... I would think that testing Ubuntu, Kubuntu,
> Xubuntu with the current release and make sure it works. If we are happy
> and have time we could include fluxbuntu, gobuntu and myth :-)

How would you feel about asking for testers on the forums, after we've
released a remote-help-assistant_0.1-1_all.deb?  It would take a long
time for me to test all those platforms with KVM, and the couple of bug
reports we've got so far raised issues that I would never have caught,
no matter which platform I was testing on.  Recruiting more testers
would give us more eyeballs as well as more configurations, and maybe
even someone willing to do the legwork on a KDE interface :)

<snip>
> I like the idea moving it to ~/.remote-help-assistant/
> We should do this for sure in the next mayor version
>
> for the current version... why not simply switch, no provisions in the
> program to deal with the old folder (except leaving a note maybe)
> Why? I would think that not many have used the assistant, us who work
> with it know it and for others we could mention it in the release note.
> I guess that the only thing what will happen is that existing identities
> need to be checked again.

We've already got a couple of bug reports for the stable version, so it
looks like people are using it - which is also why I'd like to get a new
version out sooner rather than later.  Dealing with the old name only
takes a couple of lines of code (if the new folder doesn't exist but the
old one does, rename it), so I've now uploaded a new version with that
in, plus your latest translations.

	- Andrew