Re: Use of rohc

Hi,

Please keep the discussion on the list for others to follow it :)

>              Sorry to bother you again but I have a couple of queries,
> 1.) Is it possible to change the timer values, ir/fo timers and
> confidence value within the rohctunnel app?
> If not can these parameters be specified if I were to write my own
> program with the use of the ROHC API?

The answer is no for the two questions. The timers are hard coded in the
source code. There is no API to modify them at the moment. See
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~didier-barvaux/rohc/main/annotate/head:/src/common/rohc.h#L457
for the current values.

> 2.) How can I set the rohctunnel app to use a specific network port?
> The reason being that I have a test-bed where two machines with 2
> network cards each have the rohc library installed. One network port
> on both machines are connected to the internet and the second ones
> are connected to each other using a hub. I want to run rohc over this
> network ports to allow me to monitor the hub ports for all rohc
> packets and also keep my test traffic away from the network.

You can not specify directly a network device for output. However you
can specify for the tunnel endpoint an IP address that is routed
through the correct network device. The IP route will decide the output
interface of the tunnel application.

Regards,
Didier Barvaux