[Question #126612]: conf-co,ir & fo timer values

New question #126612 on rohc:

Hello there,
                 I was told previously that i needed to change constants, MAX_IF_COUNT, MAX_FO_COUNT for upward transitions and constants CHANGE_TO_IR_COUNT and CHANGE_TO_FO_COUNT for downward transitions. My queries are as follows:
1. Can you give me a little more detail as to ir/fo timer and confidence values are implemented within the rohc implementation?
2. If I were to change the values for the above mentioned timers with in the rohc code, do i need to recompile the code for the changes to take effect?
Regards
Nikhil Ninan