Re: Decompressor query

Hello,

>               I have setup rohc library on two machines and managed
> to send rohc compressed packets using the udp tunnel application
> across the test-bed. But I have the following queries:
> 1.) When I sent ICMP (ping) messages between the two machines through
> the tunnel, the compressed packets are received and de-compressed at
> the receiver. But I am not a 100% as to the different fields of info
> produced in the output file at the decompressor.

I updated FAQ #639 to describe the different fields. See
https://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+faq/639

> 2.) Am I able to configure to get more info if necessary on the
> output file?

What additional info do you want/expect?

> 3.) When I use a packet generating tool like ³mz² to
> send packets through the udp tunnel, the packets are received but the
> decompressor is unable to get state and decompress the packets. I
> have attached the screen output for further info, any feedback on
> this would be great.

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, without the original
uncompressed IP packets it's difficult to debug the problem. If you
can send on this list a PCAP file with the uncompressed IP packets that
you sent through the tunnel, I would be able to reproduce the problem on
my side. Give me the version of the library you use too.

Regards,
Didier Barvaux