Re: ROHC on a wireless link

Hello,

> As you have
> suggested that ROHC packets may be transmitted in replacement to the
> IP packets....could you please elaborate on this ?

I mean that you may transmit the ROHC packet at the same level as the
IP protocol in the protocol stack.

> I am beginning to
> think it might be a lot more efficient to run a routing daemon or use
> the iproute2 in the kernel mode to achieve this based on the address
> fields. Then again, my thoughts are the processing would be too much
> task. What do you think ?

I might not understand you correctly, but you seems to mix routing
(routing daemon, BATMAN and iproute2) and compression (ROHC). Also,
iproute2 is not located in the Linux kernel. It is a userspace tool
that allows you to configure network-related things in the kernel.