Re: [Question #85577]: ROHC tunnel: meaning of fields in (de)compression statistics

Didier Barvaux proposed the following answer:
Shaan,

> Output pcap format is not as the input. Wireshark is unable to recognize the
> format of output packets. I assume output pcap contains packets from flow A
> and B both?

No. If you run the ./test/test program with the -h option, there is a small help message saying:
  -o output_file     save the generated ROHC packets in output_file (PCAP format)

The -o option is for writing the ROHC packets into a PCAP capture, not the decompressed
IP packets.

> for my case, can you please guide me how can I capture the output of
> compressor 1 in pcap format, so that I can compare them with input packets.

The output of compressor 1 is ROHC packets. So you can not compare them directly with
the input IP packets. You may however compare their lengths to measure the compression
gain. The output PCAP file contains twice more packets than the input capture (flow A and
flow B).