Re: [Question #194142]: Sending RTP across a rohctunnel

Cedric Baudoin proposed the following answer:
Hi,

Indeed, ROHC has not been designed to work end to end (e.g. between to SIP
clients/servers/proxies) but rather on link layers with reduced bandwidth
(or congestion issues).
Be also aware that if you use IP encapsulation, you may also have some
issues related to QoS, if you're using a classifier that works on UDP
ports. This may be a complex feature to save only few bytes (RTP + UDP -
ROHC header)

Best regards

Cédric