Re: PKGBUILD for Archlinux

Hello,

2012/9/3 Didier Barvaux <didier@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Audric,
>
>> I am pleased to announce the creation of an Archlinux PKGBUILD for
>> rohc-1,4,1. It is available in the AUR (Archlinux User Repository), a
>> community-driven repository providing package "recipes" to be built by
>> users.
>
> Thanks a lot for your work!

You're welcome.

>> You can find the package here:
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62409 yaourt users are able
>> to automatically retrieve and build the package with the following
>> command: yaourt -S rohc
>>
>> The provided PKGBUILD builds the ROHC library without tests,
>> documentation, nor debug, on both 32 and 64 bits machines.
>> As I've already said, it builds the 1.4.1 release of the ROHC library.
>
> The license is GPL version 2 or later, maybe you could replace 'GPL' by
> 'GPL2+' if such a value is accepted.

The 'GPL' value for the license field stands for "GPLv2 or later" (see
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#license). This is indeed
a bit confusing...

> I updated the installation page on the wiki to mention the PKGBUILD:
> http://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=library-install

I edited the Archlinux page so that yaourt is *not* launched as root.
Indeed, the PKGBUILD retrieval and compilation is done under the
current unprivileged user, and root access is asked only for package
installation, for better safety.

>> I'm currently working on a PKGBUILD for the trunk, it should be ready
>> in the next few days.
>
> Great! :)

And here is the PKGBUILD: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62479
It is obviously based on the PKGBUILD for the release, so if you're ok
with the first one, this one should be good too :)

Regards,
Audric