Re: [Question #219859]: can a ROHC decompressor recieve a packet with all zeroes?

Didier Barvaux requested more information:
Hello,

> a. Is ROHC lib expected to receive all zeroes of data at all?

Packets with zero bytes may be valid ROHC packets. A UO-0
header with small CID = 0 is one-byte length and that byte
may be zero. Such a ROHC header may have a 4-byte length
payload of zero bytes. This results in a 5-zero-byte packet.

> b. can we attribute this to other side of the network?

I don't understand your question. Could you please rephrase?

> c. should we drop the all zeroes packet immediately?

According to the answer to question a/, I would say no.

> d. or should decompressor recover her by itself and then
>     start sucessfully decompressing the packets after may
>     be 2-4 failures?

It really depends on several things:
 - the compression profile in use,
 - the mode and state of the decompressor,
 - the kind of decompression failure caused by the 5-zeroes
    packet,
 - the following packets that cause the next decompression
    failures.

To help you, could you provide me either a PCAP capture of the
faulty stream and/or the library logs at the time of the
decompression failures.