Re: Ethernet Transport app for ROHC pkts

Hi Didier,

> That's one point, however the counterpart is that you have to twice
more work to add the feature to the 2 programs...
Yes, maintaining the two apps can be challenging. So you can merge the two
into a single app.

>Indeed, the programs provided with the ROHC library are small, simple
>programs that help testing it. A larger, more complex program will
>probably require dependencies on external libraries/programs at some
>time in the future. Adding external dependencies to the library for one
>of its program seems too cumbersome for the library itself.

A common question that I have seen here is the need for a complete ROHC
application which is way beyond simple testing apps. The application should
be easy to use, configure and quick-to-go(live). That kind of application
will find many takers and widespread use of ROHC library. I have listed a
few basic features of such an application, but many more will be needed to
make it production ready.

So I agree with your opinion to have ROHC application code in a separate
code base but based on this ROHC library. Do we need a separate repository
for this, or can it be a sub-component of existing ROHC library. I don't
have much idea about maintaining a separate code repository, releases,
version numbers etc.

regards,
Raman