Re: [Question #226854]: Compilation Error for ' assert '

Didier Barvaux proposed the following answer:
Ahmed,

> I'm trying rohc-1.4.2 with openvpn-2.1.3 with the patch given. But I got stuck while
> trying to " make " under openvpn with error -
>
> rohc.o: In function `openvpn_rohc_compress':
> /usr/src/openvpn-2.1.3/rohc.c:146: undefined reference to `assert'
> rohc.o: In function `openvpn_rohc_decompress':
> /usr/src/openvpn-2.1.3/rohc.c:207: undefined reference to `assert'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Lines 146 and 207 refer to code that is enabled only if the constant DEBUG_ROHC is
defined. It is not by default.

Did you enable it? If so, the "#include <assert.h>" statement at line 31 should have
been enabled too at the same time. It then should build successfully. Example:
  $ make CFLAGS="-DDEBUG_ROHC=1" clean all

Or did you change the source code manually to enable those parts? If yes, change all
the lines where the DEBUG_ROHC constant is tested for.