[Question #227947]: iprohc operation

New question #227947 on rohc:

Sorry again for my ignorance, but I'm trying to understand the iprohc basic operation.  I'm not sure exactly how this works verse how say the original non production udp tunnel worked.

I have a server running on one machine, and a client running on another machine.  The server and the client appear to be connected, the log files indicate that they have exchanged certificates properly.  It is at this point that I do not fully understand the system.

ifconfig on both machines show me that the server has created an interface "tun_ipip" and that the client has started an interface of my naming.  The server interface has the same ipaddress associated with it as eth0.  The client interface has a new ipaddress associated with it.

The route command for both machines shows that all traffic on the subnet is to be routed to both eth0 and the new interface.

So how do I send compressed traffic at this point.  Will it be all traffic between the two machines?  Is it only traffic that is sent to this new ipaddress on the client? Or, do I need to create my own routes that force traffic to these new interfaces in order to use the system.