Re: [Question #229419]: What protocol number should be for RTP header compression

Wei Wang is still having a problem:
Hi Didier,

I have another question about the buffer size for the compressed and
decompressed packets. In your example, it is defined as 2048. I'm
wondering if this value depends on the packet size or not. I'm trying to
assign a value as small as possible. In my opinion, this buffer is used
to (1) store the data that will NOT be compressed, and (2) swap or
exchange variables during the process. Since only 3~4 extra bytes are
appended in the first several compressed packets, can I just define this
buffer size as data size + 2 * header size? For example, in my case,
data size = 48, header size = 40, can I defined buffer size as 48 + 40
*2 = 128?

Thanks,
Wei