Re: [Question #233262]: can rohc run in fedora? how to get rohc-tcp src?

Didier Barvaux proposed the following answer:
Hello,

> I builded didier-barvaux_rohc_main-r776.tgz to my fedora8 , there is a error:
>    configure.ac :81: option "parallel-tests" not recognized
>    next, I removed "parallel-tests" from the configure.ac file.
>   then , use the command: ./autogen.sh
>     another error is present: ./configure:line 2651:syntax error near unexpected token '2.2.0'
>   ./ configure. line 2651' LT-PREREQ(2.2.0)'

Your autotools are too old. That's expected on Fedora 8 :-(

Use another machine with an up-to-date Linux to create the configure
script. Then use the prebuilt script on Fedora 8.

On the other up-to-date Linux:
   $ tar xvzf didier-barvaux_rohc_main-r776.tgz
   $ cd didier-barvaux_rohc_main-r776/
   $ ./autogen.sh --disable-rohc-tests --disable-rohc-stats \
       --disable-doc --disable-linux-kernel-module --disable-app-fuzzer \
       --disable-app-performance --disable-app-sniffer --disable-app-tunnel
   $ make dist

Transmit the generated rohc-1.7.0~776.tar.bz2 archive on the Fedora 8 machine, then:
   $ tar xvjf  rohc-1.7.0~776.tar.bz2
   $ cd rohc-1.7.0~776
   $ ./configure
   $ make clean
   $ make all

>  other qusetions:
>     1、I want to test the comprsession effect of RTP+UDP+IPv6,UDP+IPv6
>           and TCP+IPv6 packet header ,how to design the test case and
>           programming , or you can provide me some testing code?

Have a look at the statistics tool located in the statistics/
subdirectory in sources.

>    2、 I want insert the rohc library to linux kernel ,how to do it ?

Use the --enable-linux-kernel-module configure option. Then, build with
make all as usual.