Re: [Question #245813]: Size of compressed packets in ROHC tunnel

Edvar Afonso Luciano Filho is still having a problem:
Hi Didier,

I managed to adapt the rohc tunnel (ehernet) with my openflow switch.
It´s working fine and the major question was that i had to use the linux
kernell to inject packets into the rohc tunnel. Thanks for your help.

Now, I´m working in another issue... I´m trying to modify the destination mac address of the outcoming compressed packets, using the ethernet rohc tunnel app.
To achieve this, I think the way is modify the rohc code. Do you know if is it possible to implement this idea without modify several parts of the code?

1- A packet (P1), with destination MAC address X, is sent out to the roch0 interface. This rohc0 interface is associated with eth1 interface whose mac address is Y;
2- Normaly, P1 is compressed and the roch packet is sent with Y destination mac address;
3- Is it possible to send the compressed roch packet with X destination Mac address instead of Y? Is it hard to modify the code this way?

P.S.: For the decompressor recognize the rohc packet, I have a tool that
change the mac address again to the Y (eth1 interface) before the packet
reach the decompressor;