Re: ROHC TCP dynamic field changes

> I implemented the list_trans_nr as you suggested, and it seemed to
> alleviate the mismatching list_option issue.  However, I am getting
> other decompression errors relating to CRC check.
>
> You said in a previous email:
>
> >> CRC mismatches might happen in real world because a loss burst. In
> >> this case, all following packets might well cause CRC mismatches
> >> too until the situation >> becomes fine again.
>
> >> Sending a NACK for every CRC mismatch is not a good thing. It will
> >> cause the compressor to lower its compression level much more than
> >> required. That's the reason of the rate-limiting algorithm.
>
> I am seeing the following errors during test runs.  Are these the
> results of loss burst, as you mentioned?  So,  the proper way to
> handle these is a feedback with a NACK? Thanks and kind regards, TW

Failure for CRC checks means that the decompression was not correct. It
says nothing of the cause of that failure. It may be a bug in the TCP
profile or a "normal" behaviour related to a loss burst.

To distinguish the two cases, I would need more information. For
example, a network capture of the last 100-200 packets or the library
traces for the last 100-200 packets.