Re: Question about iprohc-0.7.1 install

Hello,

> Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. I am
> trying to install iprohc-0.7.1 on a VM (Linux ubuntu-vm
> 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:12 UTC 2014 i686
> i686 i686 GNU/Linux)

It is the right place :)

> I'm getting an error related to libnetlink. It looks like the
> common/CMakeLists.txt file is referring to
> "/usr/include/libnetlink.h". On this ubuntu version, the file appears
> to have changed to "/usr/include/netlink/netlink.h". I believe the
> library name may also be different.
>
> nick@ubuntu-vm:/lib$ find -name *libnl*
> ./i386-linux-gnu/libnl-genl-3.so.200.16.1
> ./i386-linux-gnu/libnl-3.so.200.16.1
> ./i386-linux-gnu/libnl-3.so.200
> ./i386-linux-gnu/libnl-genl-3.so.200
>
> By changing the names in the cmake file I can run the cmake command,
> but make still fails where common/tun_helpers.c does #include
> <libnetlink.h>
>
> If I change it to #include </netlink/netlink.h>, then there are a
> bunch of errors.
>
> I think this is an issue with cmake not linking the library correctly
> because the name seems to have changed, but I don't know how to fix
> it. Also, I am not knowledgeable about all this so I appreciate any
> pointers to steer me in the right direction.

Ubuntu seems to do specific things here. Debian provides libnetlink.h
as part of the iproute-dev package [1]. Gentoo provides it with the
iproute package. However Ubuntu doesn't provide such a file in the
iproute, iproute-dev, iproute2 or iproute2-dev packages.

I don't know if the /usr/include/netlink/netlink.h file provided by
the libnl package provide the same definitions. Could you please send
a link to a copy of it or send it on the mailing list (if not too
large)? I'll check if that header could fit.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/iproute-dev/filelist