samsung-x360 team mailing list archive

Re: Brightness issue with ubuntu 10.10

 Hi,

I had similar trouble to what Javier reported, however I could not log
in even in low-res mode. After removing xrandr from startup applications
(deleting xrandr.destop from ~/.config/autostart/) I could log in
normally. Instead of the xrandr trick, another way of tweaking the
brightness that works is the one reported by sergey several months ago:

>sudo setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=A0
>
> where last two figures are hexadecimal number. Try to find comfort value
> to you.

so with:

sudo setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=FF

you get full brightness. Try a lower hex number for low brightness when
on battery. I find that even 40 is quite readable if the environment is
not too bright.

BTW: I have no idea how or why this works.

regards,
Paolo Milani