sandbox-developers team mailing list archive

RFC: Arbitrary Replication/Proxy Topologies with MySQL Sandbox

I've created an external script that utilizes mysql sandbox to generate
arbitrary complex replication+proxy topologies.  There is a blog post
outlining some preliminary details at
http://darren.oldag.net/2009/04/arbitrary-replicationproxy-topologies.html.

Basically, it reads in a 'dot' graph/network topology description file, and
uses sandbox-goodness to deploy and configure mysql nodes and proxy
configurations according to the specified topology.

I think this is a perfect candidate to integrate into sandbox proper.  I
know it is too late for the upcoming version 3, but I think it would be
great to get it on the roadmap for future versions.  Some options would
include providing it in another script (like make_multi or
make_replication), creating a MySQL::Sandbox::Topology class to make it nice
and neat, or refactoring some sandbox guts to make it play nice.

All comments are welcome,

Darren L. Oldag