sandbox-developers team mailing list archive

MySQL Sandbox 2.0.99 - feature complete, full of goodies

Hi, Sandbox lovers!
The latest version of MySQL Sandbox, 2.0.99, is feature complete,
meaning that all blueprints scheduled for version 3.0 have been
implemented.
When we get rid of all the bugs that inevitably come with the new
version, I will switch to 3.0.0, and then start thinking about version
4.

For now, I would like to draw your attention to the latest feature:
user defined tests.
Have a look at test t/06_user_defined.t , which uses a new option in
test_sandbox
test_sandbox --tests=user --user_defined=t/user_defined.test

user_defined.test has some straightforward examples of what kind of
tests you can define.
This feature is potentially revolutionary, because it allows you to
write a complete test suite, including sandbox creation, queries to
execute, results to expect, and sandbox removal, all in one document.

Please comment, experiment, enjoy!

Giuseppe

--
The Data Charmer