savanna-all team mailing list archive

Re: Questions concerning config object

Jon,

Configs grouping by node processes is more convenient from user perspective.

It is more likely user wants to override some conf property for certain
process (DataNode, TaskTracker, etc) rather than some. xml, .sh or some
other type of files.

By the way the same picture is on the Ambari and Cloudera UIs. I mean
grouping by processes.

Each plugin can store its own information about configuration parameters and
theirs file destination.

It seems 'applicable_node_processes' is not correct name. Because this
attribute of Config object is not only applicable for hadoop node processes.

It can be as general property of the whole cluster like you mentioned in the
your second concern. Also this attribute can describe node OS property like
ulimits, ssh configs etc.

I think we should rename 'applicable_node_processes' to 'target' or just
'destination' where destination could be node process, node OS specific
property or general cluster property.

Regards,

Alexander Ignatov