savanna-all team mailing list archive

Re: Blueprint for pluggable cluster provisioning mechanism

Jon,

Thank you so much for reviewing the documentation.

Regarding the "Savanna - Plugins interoperability" section:

- Is step 3 concerning the plugin specific configuration option?

Yes, you are right. I've updated the wiki and tried to describe it in more
details.

 - It looks like step 7 is concerning elasticity (add/remove).  Correct?
 If so, the next step (step 8) implies that in this instance, rather than
receiving a cluster object with already created VMs (as in the cluster
creation case), it is up to the plugin to actually launch the VMs?

Step 7 and 8 were about elasticity, right. But now we've decided to
postpone this feature for several weeks. So that's why I removed these
steps from wiki. As soon as our vision about scaling become formed I will
update wiki. And as to launching VMs - this is always Savanna's
responsibility. Plugin just asks Savanna to run VM.

By the way, you asked

         Though we had agreement on the list that a user_input would have a
reference to its associated config object, the documentation still
indicates a name and value attribute, rather than a config and value
attributes.

There was an error in docs. Thanks for pointing on this.

Nadya