savanna-all team mailing list archive

Re: Configuration approach recommendations

Jon,

We discussed that and we agree to implement this approach in current phase.
Regarding your modification proposals:

1) We want to keep applicable_target as a single-value field. How about if
we instead redefine plugin.get_node_processes() in the following way:
get_node_processes()
    Returns all supported services and node processes for a given Hadoop
version. Each node process belongs to a single service and that
relationship is reflected in the returned dict object. See example for
details.
    Returns: dictionary having entries (service -> list of processes)
    Example return value: {"mapreduce": ["tasktracker", "jobtracker"],
"hdfs": ["datanode", "namenode"]}

In that case if plugin just specifies that
applicable_target="process:jobtracker", it will be enough for controller to
identify the process/service config belongs to. If plugin specifies
applicable_target="service:mapreduce", the controller will understand that
this is a service general parameter and which processes are affected.

2) It is plugin which returns list of supported configs in get_configs()
call. The 'scope' field in the 'config' object indicates to the controller,
where the config needs to be presented to user: either on cluster level, or
on node group level. Right?

Thanks,

Dmitry