savanna-all team mailing list archive

Re: some feedback on the hadoop diskimage-builder element

Hi Robert,

first of all, thank you for the great feedback.

Ivan will respond with more detail, but I want to comment on forcing credentials.

The current version of DIB elements is targeted to the Savanna v. 0.1 that depends on some user with login-password auth, password-less sudo and password-less hadoop-to-hadoop ssh, but we are working on Savanna v. 0.2 that depends only on password-less sudo for some management user. Savanna v. 0.2 generates unique key pairs per Hadoop cluster for hadoop-to-hadoop interop and can inject user keys to created VMs.

Sincerely yours,
Sergey Lukjanov
Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc.